Easy Troubleshooting to Fix ‘Unable to Install Printer‘ Error. The blunder “Unable to install a printer”. The activity couldn’t be finished’ generally happen while installing the printer chiefly after you overhaul or reinstall your Windows. It might happen that the chose printer couldn’t be found yet that is typical and there are approaches to fix it.
So on the off chance that you are getting glitches while installing the printer or its driver on your PC, you should check out the accompanying arrangements:
1- Start the Printer Spooler Service
On the off chance that the Print Spooler administration isn’t working as expected, you will deal with an issue in installing the printer. So you need to ensure that the spooler administration is turned out great and in the event that it has stopped working, you need to begin it again by following these means:
- Press Win+R at the same time to dispatch the ‘Run‘ box.
- Then, at that point in the run box, type services.msc and hit ‘OK‘.
- In the rundown you see, double-tap on ‘Print Spooler’ and it will open the Properties exchange box.
- On the off chance that the ‘Service Status‘ shows as stopped, click on the ‘Start button. Additionally, guarantee that the ‘Startup type’ is set as ‘Automatic‘ and snap-on ‘OK‘ to save the changes.
- After that reboot your gadget to let the progressions and check if the issue is sorted out. If not, continue ahead to the following arrangement.
2- Update the Printer Driver
At whatever point you face the mistake, ‘printer driver was not installed. the activity couldn’t be finished, recall that the flawed, bad or missing driver may be the guilty party. For this, you need to get the most recent driver for your printer. To download and install the refreshed driver for your printer, you can visit the maker’s site and search for your printer’s model. So if printer installation failed on Windows 10, you need to update the printer driver.
3- Erase the Printer Keys
In the event that you actually can’t install the printer driver, it very well might be because of clashing drivers. To fix it, you can have a go at erasing certain vault sections.
Likewise, recall that adjusting vaults erroneously can prompt major issues. So try to back up the vault first prior to continuing.
Here are the means you need to follow to erase the printer keys:
- Start with stopping the print spooler administration.
- Then, at that point, erase the whole substance of the accompanying envelopes:
- Then, Press Win+R together simultaneously to begin the Run discourse box.
- In the run box, type Regedit and hit ‘alright’ to dispatch the Registry Editor discourse box.
- Search for the vault key according to the framework installed on your gadget.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version
- At the point when you select this organizer, you will see all the printer library sections in the right sheet. Right-click on the section and snap-on ‘Erase‘ from the menu.
- This will erase all the vault passages and from that point forward, start the ‘Print Spooler‘ administration.
- From there on, reboot your gadget and check if the mistake continues.
4- Check the Print Process Files
On the off chance that you can’t include a printer Windows 10, the odds are a few documents are absent from your framework. To fix this, simply duplicate the necessary records from another framework that is working and has those documents, as clarified here:
- Open the beginning menu and in the inquiry box, type administrations to dispatch ‘Services.msc‘.
- In the Services area, search for Print Spooler administration to stop it.
- Presently, duplicate every one of the records from the accompanying area to the very area of the PC that is confronting issues while installing the printer:
Make a vault section for the replicated print measure record as follows:
- Open the ‘working’ PC, open the Search box, and type Regedit to open Registry Editor
- Then, at that point, go to the accompanying way:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\PRINT\ENVIRONMENTS\WINDOWS X64\PRINT PROCESSORS
- Then, right-click the Print Processors envelope to go to Export.
- Subsequent to saving it on an outside drive, open Registry Editor on the ‘other’ framework.
- Once more, go to a similar way as above
- At long last, go to File, select the Import choice and import the vault document that you have saved beforehand.
5- Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Windows 10 offers the in-assembled investigator to fix all the printing-related issues immediately. You simply need to run the ‘Troubleshooter’ from the ‘Settings‘ under the ‘Update and Security‘ segment.
Whenever you are finished running the investigator, check if the issue is there. All the above arrangements can be embraced to fix the “operation could not be completed error 0x00000bc4″ that may emerge while attempting to add an organization printer in Windows. Easy Troubleshooting to Fix ‘Unable to Install Printer’ Error